Nobel Gastroenterology Centre treats individuals with digestive, bowel and liver problems. Our medical team is helmed by Dr Eric Wee, a Senior Consultant and Specialist in Gastroenterology.
We aim to deliver quality and affordable care to our patients. Our comprehensive consultations and targeted treatments are highly personalised, and tailored to the specific needs of the individual.
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre is equipped with the Carbon-13 Urea Breath Test (UBT) and FibroScan® 530 machine.
Our Carbon-13 UBT machine detects Helicobacter Pylori, a bacteria commonly associated with gastric pain, indigestion, bloating, ulcers and stomach cancer. Unlike the Carbon-14 UBT which is radioactive, our test is free of radiation and safe for children.
The Fibroscan® test is a painless procedure, which measures the amount of liver fibrosis (liver stiffness). Vital information obtained from this test, allows our specialist to decide on the most appropriate treatment. In addition, our machine is able to quantify the amount of liver fat using the Controlled Attenuation Parameter technology.
This assessment is useful in individuals with liver problems, and is performed during the FibroScan® procedure at no additional cost.
We screen, diagnose and treat all Digestive, Liver and Bowel problems, including the following:
- Treatment of Bleeding Piles
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Stomach and Colon Cancer Screening
- Treatment of Liver Cirrhosis (‘hardening’)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and heartburn.
- Evaluation of Abnormal Liver Scans / Fatty liver / Abnormal Liver Function Test
- Evaluation of Abdominal Pain, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Change in Bowel Habit
- Treatment of Liver conditions, including Viral Hepatitis (e.g. A, B, C) and Fatty liver
- Treatment of Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Bloating, Burping and Helicobacter Pylori infection
- Evaluation of Cancer Markers (CEA, AFP, CA19-9) and positive Stool Occult Blood / Stool FIT test
- Management of Gallbladder, Bile Duct and Pancreas abnormalities (stones, cysts, pancreatitis)
We also offer screening endoscopy for Stomach Cancer, Barrett’s Oesophagus, Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia, Colorectal Cancer and Polyps. The following procedures are performed by our specialist:
- Colonoscopy with Polyp Removal
- Gastroscopy, Oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy (OGD)
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of Bile Duct Stones
- Small Intestine Endoscopy and Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of Gastrointestinal Cancers (oesophagus, stomach, pancreas and colon)
(Our endoscopic procedures can be paid using Medisave, if available.)
Adopting a healthy lifestyle and health screening are good ways to prevent illnesses and to stay fit. We offer several customizable health screening packages (Comprehensive, Digestive and Liver Health packages) at competitive rates.
Kindly contact us if you are interested.
Dr Eric Wee is a Senior Consultant Gastroenterologist who holds the following appointments:
- Member, American Gastroenterological Association (USA)
- Fellow, Chapter of Gastroenterology, Academy of Medicine (Singapore)
- Member, Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Executive committee member, Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition of Singapore.
Prior to joining the Nobel Specialist Group, Dr Wee was the Head and Senior Consultant of the Division of Gastroenterology, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital; Chairman of the Nutrition Workgroup, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital; Senior Clinical Lecturer, NUS; Associate Program Director, NHG Gastroenterology Senior Residency Program; Visiting Consultant at the Departments of Gastroenterology, NUH and TTSH; executive committee member of the Gastroenterological Society of Singapore and a member of the MOH, Gastroenterology Workgroup.
Dr Wee is a skilled endoscopist who has performed over 10,000 procedures (e.g. gastroscopy, colonoscopy, etc.), of which more than 2000 are complex (e.g. ERCP, endoscopic ultrasound, enteroscopy). When performing an endoscopy, Dr Wee adheres to three fundamental principles: performing a quality procedure, which is both comfortable and safe.
We are located at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, a modern multi-specialty hospital in Central Singapore, which is flanked by amenities such as shopping malls and hotels. It has good transport links by MRT and bus, and is five minutes to Orchard Road (town) by car.
We welcome you to Nobel Gastroenterology Centre - your health is our priority.
Nobel Gastroenterology Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital,
Specialist Centre, #05-39, Singapore 329563.